School of Communication pursues the mission of communication knowledge industrialization and instilling knowledge into the communication industry through integrating technology, combining theory and practice, and cultivating talents with an international point of view.
- Pursuit of academic excellence: communication knowledge industrialization and instilling knowledge into the communication industry
- Fostering professionals: cultivate cross disciplinary talents through combined emphasis on theory and practice
- Expansion of international perspective: strengthen international academic exchanges, cultivate talents with international perspectives
- Employment: Through practical communication training and cultivation of multimedia operation skills, students complete the practical three-stage training of experiment, practice and internship.
- Innovation: Students' ability to solve problems is developed through various contests in order to gain opportunities in academia-industry cooperation
- Teamwork: Integrated communication training develops students' ability to coordinate and communicate.
- Ethics: Applying ethics in professional training, journalistic ethics and norms are emphasized through courses on communication regulations, journalistic ethics and law
- Macro: In order to expand students’ international perspective, international academic exchanges are strengthened and students are encouraged to obtain international certifications.
- Integrated communication ability
- Practical skills and problem solving ability
- Effective ability to express oneself
Features of Our Program
School of Communication consists of the departments of Journalism, Radio and Television, Advertising and Strategic Marketing, New Media and Communications Administration, with the later also including master’s and executive master’s programs). Our special features are as follows:
- Fully utilize the School’s digital multimedia experiment platform and cross- media integration of teaching activities in training in order to cultivate communication talents with cross-media operations ability.
- Currently, all media practicum operations have been completely digitalized in and all media resources are integrated through the Internet to operate a cross- media network platform in order to keep abreast of new trends in the digital era.
- Graduate students are required to present papers at domestic and international conferences as one criterion of graduation; undergraduate students are encouraged to participate in thesis contest sin order to pursue the goal of academic excellence.
- Curriculum diversity (selected courses taught in English) encourages students to go overseas for academic exchanges, including to Mainland China, as well as to participate in various seminars, lectures, and other academic activities, in order to expand their international perspective.